Week Two Workout (Days 1 and 3) Use the Week one workout for Day 2.
Warmup (20-30 seconds each)
1. Skips or jog in place
2. Butt Kicks
3. Side Shuffle or Jumping Jacks
Do 10-12 reps per exercise and do each circuit 1-3 times (beginner to advanced)
1. Lunge to Lateral Raise/Bicep Curls (do 10-12 lunges with lateral raises and then 10-12 lunges with Bicep Curls)
2. DB Pullovers
3. Crossover Jacks – (30 seconds)
1. One Legged Deadlift right leg
2. One Legged Deadlift left leg
3. Standing Chest press (band)
(do each move for 30 seconds)
1. Plank to Push-up
2. Russian Twist
3. Seated Knee Tucks
Start with 3 minutes in zone 2 and then do the following for 2-3 rounds
1. 2 minutes zone 3
2. 15 seconds zone 4
3. 60-75 seconds zone 2
Tabata – 20 seconds per exercise with 10 second rest
1. Total Body Extensions (TBE’s)
2. Star Jacks
Beginners continue to do 1 set while intermediate to advanced do 2.
Weekly Challenge – calm the inflammation in your body!
Chronic inflammation is now being recognized as one of the primary causes of heart disease (heart attacks), stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and arthritis. Many factors can lead to chronic inflammation including being overweight, lack of exercise, stress, and air pollution. Your diet is also a contributor.
Eliminate one of these infllammatory foods from your diet and see how much better you feel!
1. Fried Foods
2. Trans fats and other inflammatory oils (partially hydrogenated oils, canola, vegetable, corn, soybean) These are found in most processed foods.
3. Sugar (keep under 20 grams of “added sugar” for women and 35 grams for men)
4. Refined flour (white bread)
5. Processed Meats
Replace it with one of these anti-inflammatory foods
2. healthy oils (extra virgin olive oil, coconut, avocado)
3. wild caught fish
4. fresh vegetables (maybe sauteed in one of the oils above) and fruits
6. whole grains